Part-Time Educator - Longway Planetarium/Sloan Museum
Reports To: Curator of Education and Outreach Programs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The educator will conduct classroom and gallery programs for school groups, other organized groups and the general public both on-site and at off-site locations. Educators will handle setup, presentation, and clean-up for programs and keep the program curators informed on supply inventory. Individuals working in this position may assist program curators with the development and testing of new programs. This position requires a flexible schedule as programs may occur during morning and afternoons on weekdays along with some evening and weekend work.
Job Description and Qualifications:
2. Prepare instructional materials for school and public programs, set up classrooms / demonstration areas, clean up and organize classrooms / demonstration areas and instructional materials.
3. Conducts evaluations of all programs presented and submits reports to the senior curator of programs.
4. Conducts inventory of educational supplies and communicates status to program curators.
5. Assists program curators with the planning and development of new programs.
6. Works with other educators on the development, coordination and implementation of programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Ability to manage and lead groups of individuals of various ages
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Good reading and comprehension skills.
5. Must be able to work well with others in team environment
6. Knowledgeable in operation of different a/v equipment used in presentations.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE1. College Degree preferred.
2. Background in education, child development or comparable experiences with children and school groups.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Date Posted: 4.15.21 - posting will remain active until filled.
The Flint Cultural Center Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 4/19/2021