Posted on 2/23/2023
Department: Experience & Education
Supervisor: Director of Experience & Education
Position Summary: We ignite curiosity every day! Do you love to meet new people and work as a team? Do you enjoy teaching new skills to employees? Do you want a job where you can make people happy and see them smile? If you answered yes to these questions, then submit your resume to us! As Membership Manager, you would be the primary representative of the Air Zoo’s membership program and member engagement. The Membership Manager is responsible for overseeing the entirety of the membership program, including reporting and analysis, strategy and traffic management for membership efforts, and overall data management. The Member Manager supervises the membership aspects of full-time and part-time Guest Experience Ambassadors and Guest Experience Leads who have been trained to operate the Membership Desk. In collaboration with the Guest Experience Manager, they will ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of membership sales, processing, acknowledgements, and member requests.
Status: Exempt (Salary); Full Time -eligible for full benefits
COMPENSATION: $40,000-46,000 annually commensurate with education and experience
Measurables: Membership goals, community engagement goals, local business development deliverables, member events, and other goals as set by the Director of Experience & Education to help fulfill the mission of the Air Zoo
• Membership program management – Implements best strategies in stewardship, renewal, and upgrading of current members, acquiring new members, and guest conversion. Evaluates effectiveness of current membership program services, benefits, and policies, relating to retention and acquisition of members on a regular basis. Recommends, designs, and implements changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Member stewardship and cultivation – Serves as primary representative of membership program daily, and at all membership events, including exhibition openings, Air Zoo programs, and members-only events. Maintains schedule of solicitations and cultivations of Local Business Discount Program and community engagement program, including timely delivery of strategy, communication, and data files.
• Direct response traffic management – Develops and directs strategies driving integrated mail, on-line, and social media campaigns to acquire, upgrade, and renew members in collaboration with the marketing team.
• Reporting and data analysis – Generates reports to measure results of membership campaigns and overall membership retention and growth. Monitors progress towards annual revenue goal and provides reports for Director of Experience and Education.
• Data management –
o Develops, promotes, and documents best practices and policies associated with member management. Maintains security, accuracy, and integrity of member database.
o Manage operation of member database entry process in Altru and acknowledgement fulfillment (membership acknowledgements and member cards).
Membership Team Support
• Supervises the membership aspects of full-time and part-time Guest Experience Ambassadors and Guest Experience Leads, in collaboration with the Guest Experience Manager, who provide front line guest experience to members and guests. Provides guidance with member desk, ticket desk, incoming phone inquiries, and online communications to promote an exceptional member experience. Must provide back-up support to membership desk staff, as needed.
• Partners with marketing and guest experience teams to implement promotions, partnerships, and communications that promote membership experience and enhance guest conversion. Works with the marketing team to create membership collateral, to support the museum’s online presence for members via social media (from the membership perspective), and to update membership pages on the Air Zoo website.
• Collaborates with the development team to identify and upgrade members to higher levels of annual giving.
• Works with Director of Experience & Education to prepare and monitor membership revenue and expense budgets.
• Invest in the success of the Air Zoo by being fearlessly innovative and pitching new creative ideas and concepts.
• Dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as part of the Air Zoo’s commitment to a welcoming environment for all
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Although at this time, this position does not have any direct reports, that could change in the future.
• This position closely mentors, trains, teaches, and supports all Guest Experience team members and many Air Zoo Volunteers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate degree or Bachelor degree in related field required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sales, membership, guest service or related area required
• Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience required
• Program planning, implementation, and evaluation experience preferred
• Attention to detail with excellent written and communication skills.
• Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds
• Ability to think strategically and operate effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
• Passion for learning about the Air Zoo and telling our story to a wide audience
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, facilitate, and present to committees, trainings, and groups.
• Ability to interact with the public in a welcoming, positive, enthusiastic manner. Membership Manager
• A positive, can-do/will-do attitude.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible, and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexible with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to handle cash and credit transactions, following all cash policies & procedures.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to train in Altru and systems as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
SCHEDULE: Full Time (usually 40-45 hours per week)- Days with regular weekend hours for member events or other guest needs (Saturday or Sunday mornings/early afternoons, very rarely both in the same weekend), and occasional evening hours. Working remotely occasionally (5%) may be possible depending on project needs. The majority of the work time (95-100%) for this position is in-office, onsite at the Air Zoo in Portage, Michigan.
HEALTH REQUIREMENT & Pre-Employment SCREENINGS: Because the Air Zoo is a public-facing organization, we encourage employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, but it is not a requirement for employment. The Air Zoo follows CDC and Kalamazoo Health Department’s guidelines for COVID testing, isolation, mask wearing, and may require masks to be worn by employees in certain settings to improve safety. Pre-employment drug screening and state/federal background checks are required for all Air Zoo employees.
COMPENSATION: $40,000-46,000 annually commensurate with education and experience
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, free Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, complimentary family Air Zoo membership, 403B with Employer Match, and other benefits
COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION: We are dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as part of the Air Zoo’s intentional, overall commitment to a welcoming environment for all. Air Zoo is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Air Zoo will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, applicants are encouraged to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 269.350.2816
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
TO APPLY: email your Resume, Cover Letter and List of 3 References to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or need assistance applying to this position, please email us at email@example.com