Reports To: Community Engagement Coordinator/Marketing Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Full-Time
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
This position reports to the Community Engagement Coordinator and the Marketing
Manager. This position plays a critical role in the management of systems, communications,
organization, and community development. The person will provide support for the
museum’s community engagement and marketing efforts in a variety of capacities, including
administrative and organizational support and assistance with public events.
• Provides high-level project management support for Community Engagement and
Marketing departments, including coordinating operations across departments.
• Champions Sloan Museum of Discovery and Longway Planetarium exhibits, shows,
and educational programs at resource fairs and community events.
• Distributes print marketing materials to over 100 locations in Flint and Genesee
County on a monthly basis. Prints posters and flyers in-house.
• Ensures internal and external marketing pieces are up-to-date, including flyers,
posters, and online event calendars.
• Processes coupons and mail, manages ticket donation requests, and responds to
visitors’ and organizations’ requests for information via phone, email, and in-person.
• Must value Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA)
• Must be an independent self-starter who exercises sound judgement, prioritizes, and
takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
• Must be comfortable driving around Flint and Genesee County for flyer distribution
and events. Access to reliable transportation and a clean driving record is a
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be comfortable using various social media platforms. Proficient in all MS Office
programs, including Word and Excel.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must have valid driver’s license, issued in the state of Michigan.
• 1-2 years of experience in non-profits, marketing, communications, public relations,
or education preferred.
Apply To: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain active until position is filled.
The Flint Cultural Center Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 6/30/2021
The Michigan Museums Association is supported in part by an award from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts.