Hourly wage: $9.45-11.00/hr
Responsibilities and Accountabilities· Welcome and inform visitors about the museum, programs, exhibitions and membership opportunities.
· Perform open and closing procedures, answer the phone, and take reservations for programs and events.
· Keep account of register sales slips (admission and gift shop), and run closing reports on register at end of night.
· Keep track of visitor statistics and maintain spreadsheets of data.
· Provide support for volunteers and staff; perform occasional office work as requested by museum administrative staff.
· Perform light household cleaning and maintenance duties, such as cleaning and keeping front desk area free of clutter.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, and minimum of two years working in the merchandizing and/or customer service field. Valid driver’s license required.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities· Must be outgoing, with exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse public and workforce.
· Excellent verbal communication, with the ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to perform physical tasks (lift 30 lbs.) with physical mobility and ability to climb stairs.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· Spanish proficiency is a plus.
Work Schedule and Compensation
12-18 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends necessary. Sunday availability a must May-September. Extended availability will be required the week of Tulip Time. Hourly wage: $9.45-11.00/hr
Posted on 7/22/2019