Part-Time Position: Approximately 24-30 hours/week (with some weekend/evening hours)
Salary: $9.50 - $11.00/hour
Anticipated Start Date: October/November 2019
Reports to: Erin Gallagher, Reservations Coordinator
Hiring Manager: Micaela Balzer, Director of Innovation & Learning
The Reservations Aide supports reservations by assisting with booking field trips, birthday parties, and educational programs. The Reservations Aide also supports various administrative functions, including filing, data entry, processing memberships, etc.
This list is not all-inclusive; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.1. Assist with group reservations for science center visits, including booking workshops and lunch areas
2. Assist with fielding requests and reserving birthday parties
3. Assist in booking registrations for educational programs and special events
4. Support updating the organizational calendar within established guidelines regarding facility and staff availability, keeping an updated copy available for staff. Ensure contact database is up to date.
5. Confirm reservations promptly and accurately
6. Provide a friendly, professional, and positive first contact for customers
7. Be prepared to accept reservations via telephone, email, e-commerce, and monitor those communications channels regularly
8. Offer memberships, workshops, classes, etc. at every opportunity
9. Assist in preparing weekly schedule of reserved visits and programs for Guest Services and staff
10. Assist in confirming new and renewing memberships promptly and accurately by creating membership packets
11. Complete other administrative tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires the ability to move throughout the office and Science Center, as well as transport boxes, tables, and chairs for event setup. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions of the position.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application (available at impression5.org) to Erin Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27. Contact Erin by phone at (517) 485-8116, ext. 132, with any additional questions.
Notice: A criminal background check is performed for all individuals who are employed or volunteer at Impression 5 Science Center. Unsatisfactory results of the background check will disqualify applicants from further consideration.
Posted on 9/30/2019