Salary range: $16 to $20 per hour, 20 to 25 hours
The part-time Development Associate has responsibility for supporting and coordinating Fair Lane’s fundraising efforts with a specific focus on fundraising events. Working with Fair Lane’s site and/or development managers s/he works closely to provide administrative and support for all other aspects of development. Salary range: $16 to $20 per hour.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:· Manages and maintains the Development Department’s campaign/fundraising database, currently Gift Works, ensuring that all information regarding meetings, gifts and donor information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
· Provides reports, summaries and other information to the President and others as needed
· Prepares deposits for bank
· Prepares membership cards
· Drafts and composes correspondence for campaign and administrative purposes ensuring that professional standards for written corresponded are maintained
· Provides assistance and support to the Chairman, President and/ or Manager of Development in preparation for campaign, board, and special meetings. This includes preparing agendas, coordinating the preparation of materials, handling mailing, taking and distributing meeting notes, etc.
· Organizes and maintains the department’s information and filing systems
· Organized, coordinates and helps implements functions related to large fundraising events for Fair Lane, specifically the Annual Evening for Fair Lane. Including sponsor solicitation and related written, personal and phone follow up.
· Assist with the details and logistics regarding speakers, presenters, timelines and programs
· Assist in developing and preparing event materials including invitations, literature, handouts, giveaways, name tags, etc., ensuring that all materials are accurate and prepared on a timely basis
· Received and confirms reservations, maintains guest lists, coordinated seating and other event arrangements, and serves as the primary contact for guest needing information and assistance
Requirements:· Associates degree; Bachelors preferred
· Previous experience in a similar position; non-profit, development, event and supervisory experience is a plus
· Ability to effectively and professionally interface with a Board of Directors, comprised of members of the Ford Family and other business and community leaders
· Previous experience with Gift Works or other donor database is a plus
· Must enjoy working as a contributing member of a small high energy creative and artistic team, willing to help out whenever needed
· Must be comfortable working in an always changing, sometimes ambiguous environment that continues to grow and evolve
· Must embrace a diverse and inclusive work environment where individual contribution is encouraged and valued
· Must appreciate value and be comfortable working in a National Historic Landmark under restoration and one that lacks some accommodations and conveniences typically found in an office setting
· Must be resourceful self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be efficient with strong and consistent attention to detail
· Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers) demonstrated professional demeanor; and the ability to maintain confidential information
· Must be able to manage projects; have skill in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement and problem solving.
How to Apply
Email resume’, salary requirements, and application (available at http://www.henryfordfairlane.org/contact) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in subject line “Office Manager”. Please, no phone calls.
Fair Lane is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted on 10/3/2019