The Office Manager is responsible for providing various office
management and general support functions to the organization. S/he assists the
President/CEO in handling administrative responsibilities related to daily
operations of Fair Lane and provides general administrative support and
direction to the small Fair Lane staff comprised of approximately 12 people.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:· Serves as the receptionist or first point of contact for general calls and inquiries received
· Accepts and manages, mail and other deliveries
· Maintains calendar, schedules and coordinates preparation for meetings for the CEO and leadership team
· Responsible, as needed, for recording minutes of meetings and distribution of minutes
· Compiles materials for quarterly board meetings and responsible for board communication
· Maintains office supplies for all departments (including ordering letterhead, envelopes and business cards)
· Plans and administers budget for general office operations
· Ensures that policies and control of petty cash funds are followed
· Approve expenses, add vendors to accounting system and process memberships
· Serves as the primary interface to Fair Lanes’ outsourced Human Resources Partner and Account Partner
· Organize, supervises and/ or participates in a wide-range of company projects, meetings and events
· Severs as the primary interface to Fair Lane’s outsourced Finance and Accounting partner providing “on-site” support, tracking, report generation etc.
· Oversees, manages and monitors office equipment including telephone system; voicemail, copiers, fax machines, and postage meter, as well as trains staff.
· Analyzes and makes recommendation for office equipment replacement and/or upgrades
Requirements:· Associates degree; Bachelors preferred
· Previous experience in a similar position; non-profit, development, event and supervisory experience is a plus
· Ability to effectively and professionally interface with a Board of Directors, comprised of members of the Ford Family and other business and community leaders
· Strong database, computer and internet skills, including all MS office suite required
· Must enjoy working as a contributing member of a small high energy creative and artistic team, willing to help out whenever needed
· Must be comfortable working in an always changing, sometimes ambiguous environment that continues to grow and evolve
· Must embrace a diverse and inclusive work environment where individual contribution is encouraged and valued
· Must appreciate value and be comfortable working in a National Historic Landmark under restoration and one that lacks some accommodations and conveniences typically found in an office setting
· Must be resourceful self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be efficient with strong and consistent attention to detail
· Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers) demonstrated professional demeanor; and the ability to maintain confidential information
· Must be able to manage projects; have skill in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement and problem solving.
How to Apply
Email resume’, salary requirements, and application (available at http://www.henryfordfairlane.org/contact) to email@example.com. Indicate in subject line “Office Manager”. Please, no phone calls.
Fair Lane is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted on 10/3/2019