Department: Exhibits Classification: Part Time, 20 hrs/week
Reports to: Exhibits Curator Status: Exempt
Pay: $15.00 per hour Eligible for Benefits: No
Assists the Exhibits Curator and Museum Facilities Manager with the creation, building, installation and maintenance of the museum’s exhibits at the Akeley Museum and several outreach locations throughout the Tri-Cities.
A minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree in history, museum studies, design or a related discipline preferred. Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Good communication abilities including written, verbal and presentation skills. An emphasis will be placed on collaboration, communication and teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities and time allocation percentage
Assisting with Exhibit planning, management, development, design, and fabrication 90%
Conducts research and works collaboratively to
prepare concepts, conceptual and detailed designs to effectively convey and
interpret an exhibit’s key messages.
Miscellaneous Duties 10%
May be asked to write articles for the museum’s publications
which include River Winds and Grand River Packet.
Necessary Exhibit Related Skills/Abilities:
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities· Ability to demonstrate and effectively communicate a comprehensive understanding of the
Museum’s mission and value proposition as it relates to our current Strategic Plan.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication, with a proven ability to communicate effectively in public speaking and in interaction with key partners and professional affiliates.
· Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
· Outgoing and optimistic, with exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with a
diverse public and a diverse workforce.
· Creative, collaborative, and strategic, with analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines,
including the ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
· Must be a self-starter and be comfortable working independently.
· Knowledge of museum programs and practices.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency, including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Julie Bunke, Museum Director, 200 Washington Avenue, Grand Haven, MI 49417 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 16, 2019.
Posted on 8/28/2019